Sunday, August 18, 2013

Taste of Calgary

Went to Taste of Calgary with Kev yesterday! Taste of Calgary is Calgary's outdoor food and drinks festival. A variety of restaurants across the city set up a booth and showcase their food in sample sizes. Food and drink samples can be "bought" using $1 sample tickets.


It was quite the gong show. A lot of people came out; there was a lot of children running amok, which to me was pretty entertaining cause they were too cute.

In any case there was some pretty good variety, although I can't really make a comparison to previous years because this is the first time I've gone. I know, been in Calgary for 11 years and I haven't gone even once. What's wrong with me? Haha, anyway... As I was saying, there was pretty good variety. There was Greek, Persian, Thai, Filipino, Japanese, Chinese, Caribbean, Italian, and Western cuisines. There was a number of desert booths as well.


We tried as many as we could with 50 tickets. That included: 2 oz Steak bites from The Canadian Brewhouse, Beef Jamaican Patty from Caribbean Choice, Mango Lime Sorbet from Crepes and Cravings, Takoyaki from Destination Pearl House, Bacon Prawns from Halo Steak, Seafood & Wine Bar, Cabbage Roll, Sausages and Perogies Combo from Heritage Bakery and Deli, Loukaniko (Greek Sausage) and Loukoumades (dough puffs) from Kuzina, and Shato Bryan (Ground Beef), Ground Chicken Kabob and Saffron ice cream from Shiraz. From that entire list, I gotta say I enjoyed every single bite. I do have some qualms about the Chicken Kabob because it was a little bland, but everything else was mouth watering goodness. I love food!



Until our next food trip! ლ(´ڡ`ლ)

No comments:

Post a Comment